It’s that time of year again – the dreaded cold season. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that each year millions of Americans suffer from colds. Unfortunately, there is no cure for a common cold and the lifecycle of a cold can last anywhere from 7-10 days. The best medicine for a cold is to rest, stay hydrated and stay away from others.
The cold virus is spread through germs; however, you can help slow the spread of these viruses by following a few simple steps:
- Wash your hands often. When washing your hands scrub for at least 20 seconds. If you don’t have access to soap then use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. If you have been in contact with someone sick then touching your eyes, nose and mouth is an easy way to transmit someone else’s germs into your own body.
- Stay away from people who are sick. This may seem obvious, but can be the most difficult to adhere to especially when you are constantly surrounded by people at work, in the grocery store and at home. Use your best judgement and if someone looks or sounds sick keep your distance.
- Stay home if you are sick. Don’t risk passing on your cold to those around you.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you touch often. This tip will ensure others around you aren’t as susceptible to catching your cold.
By following these simple tips you can fight the spread of the common cold. When visiting Rainbow Skateland always follow these guidelines to ensure a healthy, germ free environment for yourself and other skaters!
Leave a Reply